Personalized Treatment & Individual Care
Each woman has her own idea of the “perfect” breast size and shape for her body. It’s for this reason that Dr. Noury tailors every breast augmentation procedure to the goals and needs of the patient.
Breast augmentation surgery can:
- Increase the size of your breasts in a natural-looking way.
- Reshape the breasts and correct for asymmetry.
- Restore your breasts to a more youthful appearance.
In the hands of a skilled plastic surgeon such as Dr. Noury, breast augmentation is a safe procedure with a high rate of patient satisfaction. The initial consultation is free, and the surgery is also relatively affordable.
Should You Have Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Greater Boston patients choose to have a breast augmentation for many personal reasons. Some women want to regain their appearance after pregnancy and breastfeeding. Others want a fuller figure, the opportunity to wear different styles of clothing, or greater confidence in their appearance.
Whatever motivates you, Greater Boston Plastic Surgery wants you to enter your decision confidently and well-informed:
- We invite you to start with a consultation at our practice. Dr. Noury will answer any questions you may have and help you understand what to expect before, during, and after breast augmentation.
- During your consultation, take the opportunity to see, feel and even try on implant sizers. This can help you see how you might look after surgery without making any further commitment.
- Talk with other women who have had breast augmentation. Several of our staff members have benefited from the surgery and will be glad to share their experience with you.
Choosing the Right Approach for Your Breast Augmentation
During your consultation and pre-operative discussions with Greater Boston Plastic Surgery, Dr. Noury will learn about your goals and make decisions collaboratively. He considers aesthetics, lifestyle, and body proportions in his surgical approach. These factors help him to recommend:
- Implant size.
- Implant shape (low, moderate, or high profile).
- Implant type (silicone gel, cohesive silicone gel, or saline).
- Incision site (in the breast fold, peri-areolar, or in the armpit).
- Implant placement (below or above the pectoral muscle).
Greater Boston’s breast augmentation expert Dr. Noury will take time to explain how each of the choices will improve your results and give you the most natural look and feel.
Breast augmentation (also known as breast enlargement or enhancement surgery) is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedures. The procedure is indicated for patients that have not developed sufficient breast tissue. It is performed under general anesthesia (while the patient is safely asleep) as well as local anesthetic use to significantly lessen discomfort. Recovery after breast augmentation to most normal activities can be expected within a couple days with a return to more strenuous activity within 3 weeks.
Breast augmentation can be performed using either saline or gel filled silicone implants. All breast implants have a silicone shell and differ in the above mentioned fill which can be chosen based on patient preference. The FDA has approved gel filled silicone implants since and is continuing to collect data assuring its safety.